kkgirl

i think after 6 years of being told i was intolerant its celiac

Rate this topic

I never worried about cross contamination because i was originally told i was just intolerant. after going gluten free i felt so much better up until this last march. dairy and fructose have been giving me problems but both lactose and fructose test came back negative. 

this is what my gi doctor emailed me today 

14509132_10153962420307473_1013399025_n.png

14509288_10153962420327473_2033148916_n.png

Hi Kaylee,

So it looks like your GI is finally convinced!  Has he confirmed that all testing for celiac is done now?  If he isn't planning anymore testing then you may as well start the gluten-free diet.  It does seem like doctors are hard to convince when it comes to celiac disease.  They sometimes don't seem to believe their patients could have it or that symptoms are real.  But the important thing is you have a real reason to start eating gluten-free now and can start healing.  Cross-contamination is more important to avoid for celiacs than for a person with NCGS.

I don't know what your current diet is like but I suggest a whole foods diet to start out.  There is no problem adding in some processed foods once your symptoms have subsided though.  There can be more problems with dairy than just lactose intolerance.  Some people have a gut reaction to casein, a protein in cow milk.  Also, when our guts are irritated many foods can cause symptoms because of the already present irritation.

I wonder how your GI would react if it took 6 years for his car mechanic to find and fix a problem? :)