Htxkid

Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity

Rate this topic

Hi,

I've been experiencing on and off left side abd pain and bloating for about 3-4 years (doctors in the past didn't help much, just said I have IBS). My new doctor did some blood work and found out  my vitamin D was low, CRP was high.  Antigiladin Igg was a weak positive. I had an endoscopy done and the doctor confirmed I don't have Celiac, but she found very small ulcers (took Pepcid for 2 weeks). She also told me I have a leaky gut and non celiac gluten sensitivity. I'm taking probiotics for the leaky gut. 

So for the past 3 months I've been eating gluten free and the pain came back 2 times.  The pain is always on the left side of my abdomen. Makes me feel weak, starts with constipation and usually ends with diarrhea. Tylenol helps the pain.  I'm waiting on my food allergy tests results to see if it can be anything other than gluten.

So my question is, what does a weak positive Antigiladin IGG mean if a gluten free diet is not helping? 

Could the "leaky gut" cause my Antigiladin IGG to rise?

Really confused here, just want to start feeling better and not have the pain come back ever again.  

Thanks

I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time.  I'm thinking you may have accidentally ingested something containing gluten, and that's what caused your reaction.  A lot of people will react quite severely to even a tiny bit of gluten.  That's why there is so much on here about avoiding cross contamination.  Even though you've been diagnosed with NCGS, you still need to live as though you have actual celiac disease, and be very careful not to cheat.  Your body will punish you for it.  :/  In the meanwhile, nurture yourself kindly and gently, just as you would after a severe bout of food poisoning or intestinal infection.  Comfort foods, like broths and soups and smoothies.  You might want to avoid lactose for a few months too.  Sometimes we lose our ability to digest lactose when our intestines are damaged and vulnerable like yours is right now.   And remember healing takes time.  So does learning the gluten free lifestyle.  Expect some setbacks occasionally.  You WILL get better!