Rate this topic

trying to find the answer to question of capta morgan spiced rum being gluten free. have read blogs but no answers that are 100%.i have searched and got different answers now im here .has anyone had gluten levels tested after drinking captan spiced rum or has had the rum tested .or told by there dietition.

Rum is naturally gluten free, but in cases where it is flavored, spiced, etc. you have to be careful where they might add a malt in the natural flavorings. I been using Admiral Nelsons coconut rums in cooking for finishing off stir frys, and adding a bit of flavor to caramelized ingredients for a few years now, I have never had issues with those.

As for the Morgan, I would be careful with the spiced version as they might use a malt based ingredient in it. I did a bit of research and like you found no conclusive evidence to if it contains gluten or not. The plain rum from them is listed on many and been tested by several groups and has come up gluten free.

On a side note if your a celiac or have intestinal damage I would avoid alcohol or drink in moderation. I personally only use it in cooking.