Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I am doing job in restaurant at evening 5 to 12 during working hours no time to do a dinner. I'm thinking to make a shake but don't know the gluten free vitamin or supplement brand which one is good for me and easily available in Berlin Germany to make me fit cause last one week i feel weak. I'm 28 year old. Sincerely

I'd recommend NOT getting WHEY protein (from milk, hard to digest for those with celiac's) or SOY protein (soy can reduce thyroid function, which a lot of Celiacs have a problem with). I use a VEGETABLE Protein powder that I put into Coconut Yogurt mixed with nuts and seeds and a few berries for lunch...it's very filling.  Also do you have KIND bars there? Those are a gluten free nut bar which I always have in my purse for when I am doing errands.  I also take with me a cut up green apple, like a Granny Smith.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, Beverage said:

I'd recommend NOT getting WHEY protein (from milk, hard to digest for those with celiac's) or SOY protein (soy can reduce thyroid function, which a lot of Celiacs have a problem with). I use a VEGETABLE Protein powder that I put into Coconut Yogurt mixed with nuts and seeds and a few berries for lunch...it's very filling.  Also do you have KIND bars there? Those are a gluten free nut bar which I always have in my purse for when I am doing errands.  I also take with me a cut up green apple, like a Granny Smith.  Good luck!

Many, many Celiac's have no problem with either whey or soy so people should not cut out either unless they have a known problem with them.  I have Hashi's thyroid disease, on top of Celiac, and eat soy with no problems.  It is a good source of protein for those who want to limit their consumption of meat.

I just recommend vegetable based plant protein over the others, that's my recommendation.  It's a good source of protein for those who want to limit their consumption of meat.  And I also would suggest if there is a choice of several, to pick the one with the lowest sugar. 

For a shake I like MRM Meal Replacement and take a side of nuts/seeds, and veggie sticks. It is very low sugar and a good source of protein and fiber. I love mixing it with hot coffee and drinking it like a thick soup. Bit of a acquired taste and texture I will admit.  Other times I make my own bars with vita fiber syrup protein powder and nut or seed butter. Sorta my on the go meals especially for road trips or errands where I will not be doing much. Other alternatives are yogurts, I find So Delicious coconut yogurt unsweetened is great with a scoop of Nutra-Key V-Pro, Jarrow Optimal, or MRM Veggie Elite. Or I have made dips with it using dip mixes from YumRush, and then take veggies for dipping in it.