egs1707

Cinnamon on gluten-free diet

Rate this topic

Until my recent blood test results I've been having cinnamon and mint tea in the mornings, which seemed to have a positive effect calming the digestive system (and tastes good too!) 

After the first step of diagnosis with high Iga TTg I took at look at the cinnamon sticks I make the tea with and it says "packed in a factory that may contain wheat, corn etc. etc." so that I guess would sound alarm bells for many I reckon. That said I'd imagine the way most of these herbs and spices are harvested isn't exactly gluten-free friendly yet I've seen quite a few recipes using it.

How are people getting around this as I can't see any specific gluten-free certified cinnamon products out there? Really could do with my tea back :)

P.S. I also have chamomile tea using the raw flowers which may have a similar background but seem to be less of a risk somehow?

Spicely Organics has both cassia and true (Ceylon) Cinnamon and are certifed gluten free along with the rest of their spices, as to tea Republic of Tea has most of their products tested and certified gluten-free also. You can visit their sites or try Amazon.