Rate this topic

Hi all,

I haven't posted on here in awhile. Unfortunately, I think I got glutened. It makes no sense since I am extremely careful. My whole body aches, muscle twitch, my lower left abdomen was hurting yesterday, and no energy. I bought a gluten free salad dressing but I think that it was not gluten-free although they labeled it as such. I drank some milk (lactose free) and I never had such a bad reaction before. I have not had milk in over a year and recently reintroduced it and it seemed ok. If you look at me, I am able to hide pretty well how miserable I feel. I do not want people from work to know, so I am saying that I might be catching a virus. The problem is that I have a ton of work to do but unfortunately the brain fog and body aches are not helping. Any advice how to get through this week? I drink ginger tea, eat bone broth soups, some fruits and veggies. Thank you!

It could very well that you are catching a bug making your body more susceptible to whatever your body is reacting to.  First of all, hang in there.  It will get better.

Secondly, because you have been gluten free for a while, your body may have gotten a smidgen of gluten and is kicking it out as fast as possible.  For me, it was over the weekend. I got a hold of something Saturday night and was twitching and brain fogging all yesterday morning. Not fun, I do understand.  For the muscle twitching yesterday, I was able to keep it in check using Frankincense essential as it is one of the few substances that can cross the blood-brain barrier for the brain.  I put in at the base of the neck where it meets my skull.  You can also put it on the bottom of your feet as pores are most biggest there as well.  The time between putting on the Frankincense and calming of the twitching is within minutes.  As for the brain fog, unfortunately I just have to wait it out and go slow throughout the day. I know, when you have a busy day it's hard to go slow.  Don't know how it works for you, but it's like my brain flips a switch from brain fog to bright sunny days.  It's then I know I am on the upswing of things.

Another thing is to listen to your body.  If you need to take even a half day from work to rest, do so.  Getting enough rest, drinking plenty of water/fluids, and eating what you are already eating is essential.  The poison (gluten) needs to get flushed out as quickly as possible just as if it were a nasty bug tormenting your system.

Hope this helps, and hugs through cyber-space.   Image result for hugs  (If you are a guy, please forgive the awkwardness. :))

Same thing happened to me yesterday, but it was so little, I am normally hyper sensitive with full on fog, numbness, and gut wrenching with just a tad. This time it was slight confusion, bit of grumble but what alerted me was the red spots on my chest. Think I know the culprit and threw them away and cleaned everything like a mad man.