Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
AvaS101

Has anyone had problems with Gluten Free Quaker Oatmeal?

Rate this topic

I opened my third container of Gluten Free Quaker Quick Oatmeal today.  And I have spent most of the day in the bad pain I  well remember from my gluten eating days.   Since nothing else has changed with my diet---no new foods or any "gluten" foods---I guess I will have to assume it is the Oatmeal.   Anyone else having problems with this item?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yep like cheerios Quaker uses the mechanical separation, same issues. Try gluten-free Harvest if you must have oatmeal, otherwise a quinoa or rice meal porridge is suggested.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

I'm unable to eat some things without gluten-type symptoms. I don't think it's gluten, I think it's pesticides and weed killer that's sprayed on just before harvest to make the harvest heavier and with less weeds. Cheerio's uses this. Wouldn't be surprised if this is your issue. Try some brand that's gluten free and organic, or use rice or quinoa as a substitute.

Thanks so much for all of your advice.  I have been eating this product for almost 2 months with no issues.  When I opened the new container yesterday, I had a gluten reaction to it.  Not sure why---but I will not be eating this product again! I will try the Harvest brand as many have recommended it.  Thanks again!