AvaS101

Has anyone had problems with Gluten Free Quaker Oatmeal?

Rate this topic

I opened my third container of Gluten Free Quaker Quick Oatmeal today.  And I have spent most of the day in the bad pain I  well remember from my gluten eating days.   Since nothing else has changed with my diet---no new foods or any "gluten" foods---I guess I will have to assume it is the Oatmeal.   Anyone else having problems with this item?

I'm unable to eat some things without gluten-type symptoms. I don't think it's gluten, I think it's pesticides and weed killer that's sprayed on just before harvest to make the harvest heavier and with less weeds. Cheerio's uses this. Wouldn't be surprised if this is your issue. Try some brand that's gluten free and organic, or use rice or quinoa as a substitute.

Thanks so much for all of your advice.  I have been eating this product for almost 2 months with no issues.  When I opened the new container yesterday, I had a gluten reaction to it.  Not sure why---but I will not be eating this product again! I will try the Harvest brand as many have recommended it.  Thanks again!