Judesmom

DH?! Please help!

Rate this topic

Hi all,

My 6 year old has been suffering from this incredibly itchy rash for years.  We tried gluten free a while ago and symptoms seemed to fade quite a bit, but circumstances changed and he slowly weaned back into eating gluten with little consequence.  It has come back with a vegence.  Pediatrician says to avoid gluten if it seems to help the rash, but in desperate for a definitive diagnosis.  For people suffering from DH, does this look similar to you??  Thanks so much!  

Welcome to the forum!  I am so sorry that your son is sick.  A DH rash is horrible!  I encourage to read through the DH section of the forum.  A skin biopsy from a celiac-savvy dermatologist is probably your best bet.  

On 11/22/2016 at 0:25 AM, cyclinglady said:

Welcome to the forum!  I am so sorry that your son is sick.  A DH rash is horrible!  I encourage to read through the DH section of the forum.  A skin biopsy from a celiac-savvy dermatologist is probably your best bet.  

Hi, I'm new to the forum, have appreciated the stories being shared. I've been gluten and wheat free for two months and 10 days ago the DH came back in s horrific way. Already went to alkergeust , another 2 biopsies done and prednisone shot plus meds for 7 days. Why has it come back worst than months ago after being gluten and wheat free? I don't understand..-:)

On 11/22/2016 at 0:25 AM, cyclinglady said:

2 hours ago, Ouch said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum, have appreciated the stories being shared. I've been gluten and wheat free for two months and 10 days ago the DH came back in s horrific way. Already went to alkergeust , another 2 biopsies done and prednisone shot plus meds for 7 days. Why has it come back worst than months ago after being gluten and wheat free? I don't understand..-:)

Thank you. I had a biopsy done at the Allergist Allergist ..went to two Derms and they don't do biopsies. At the allergist only a PA does it. I'm so mad at all these doctors.they just want  to sell products . Can't wait to get the results next week..?