Fbmb

Elevated body temp before diagnosis?

Rate this topic

I have kind of a weird one for you guys. Did anyone ever have unexplained low grade fevers before being diagnosed? 

I have an ear thermometer, which I know reads high, but before I went off gluten my temp was always like 99-99.8 on that thing. Orally it was normal. Do you think fevers can be a result of the immune response? Now I notice that with my ear thermometer I'm at 98. 

Weird.

And now that I'm thinking about this, I realize something else.

my son is 3 and we are waiting for his endo next week. But I'm sure he is positive because his numbers were very high and I have it. And he is teeny tiny. Weighs about 25 lbs soaking wet. He has always had fevers. Not constantly, but when that little guy gets any hint of a bug his temp goes wild. He had 103 fever for 4 days when he got his molars. He had a febrile seizure at 15 months and I still don't know what infection caused that. He just had a runny nose. He had tubes shortly after because he had chronic ear infections - though those didn't cause many fevers. 

He just fevers all the stinkin time. I wonder if it's his celiac causing the fevers? Maybe not the gluten directly, but his immune system is probably going crazy all the time. 

Yes, I've seen many people report fevers before diagnosis. I personally didn't have any & I'm sure about that because I very often "felt" like I had a fever so would take my temp. & all was normal but you can use the search box on the site here & find many, many people saying they had fevers.

I think you could very well be correct in your hypotheses about your son.