Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
ironictruth

trader joes gluten-free pumpkin bread mix

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am leary of anything from Trader Joes and I have been a customer for over 30 years!  Here is why.  Their items are private labeled.  Before the FDA laws went into effect, many members experienced issues (e.g. jebby who is a premie doctor).  Things  might have changed, but you still can not talk directly with the manufacturer (they private label everything).  I will say TJ's gluten-free list was cut down dramatically (which helps me to believe that they are complying with the law), but when it comes to baked good (flours) , i like to see a certification.  It gives me piece of mind.   This is my opinion only and others might have tested out this product and fared well.  

Just buy some Certfied gluten-free flour that has an added gum and follow the  Libby's recipe.  It will taste better!  It is easy.  Then you can whip up a batch of Snickerdoodles too.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

I am very sick right now and the only thing I did differently the last few days was eat Trader Joes Gluten Free whole wheat bread for 2 days. I admit I ate 4-6 slices each day. I have had one slice here and there before but I never ate more than that at once. Since early morning I have been vomitting, headache/pains, swollen eyelids and stomach pains, gurgling & acidic tum. I am wondering if every ingredient that goes into the bread is also certified gluten free and coming from a dedicated building. It has several different grains, are all of them definitely gluten free? Personally I haven't had much joy with Trader Joe's processed foods, although they taste nice. Within 24-48 hours I'm sick. So for me I am done with them, it's not worth it. I feel horrible.

We use Trader Joe's products all the time, though I have this one on the shelf, I have not tried it yet. We use their gluten-free pancake mix, gluten-free flour, gluten-free waffles, gluten-free bread, the list goes on! In fact I buy the gluten-free multigrain bread 7 at a time (with our family of four all eating gluten free to make our home a safe place for her) and the bread freezes great & we never run out that way. Not once has my 3 1/2 year old complained of feeling bad or had any signs of cross contamination when eating at home and her TTG score last month on her blood work was a big fat ZERO, so we must be doing something right ?

4 hours ago, Amymarie5179 said:

We use Trader Joe's products all the time, though I have this one on the shelf, I have not tried it yet. We use their gluten-free pancake mix, gluten-free flour, gluten-free waffles, gluten-free bread, the list goes on! In fact I buy the gluten-free multigrain bread 7 at a time (with our family of four all eating gluten free to make our home a safe place for her) and the bread freezes great & we never run out that way. Not once has my 3 1/2 year old complained of feeling bad or had any signs of cross contamination when eating at home and her TTG score last month on her blood work was a big fat ZERO, so we must be doing something right ?

I am so glad to hear that!  The OP has been having a difficult time for the last few months.  So, i was being overly cautious.  So happy for your family!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed