Porrin

Looks like DH?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, i was tested for celiac twice, the first time was after 2 weeks of eating gluten every day (i was eating gluten free for almost a year) and the second was after about two months eating gluten, both came back negative in every antibody, but i've got this rash since i started eating gluten for the second test, wich is intermitent and very itchy, is on both my hands, i've never experience a rash like this and that lead me to belive it may be gluten related but since i tested negative idk... im going to try to push my doctor to ask for the biopsy anyway because i have many other symphtoms too and im deficient in vitamin D, A, and B12 + i have steathorrea, well this are the pictures of the rash

the one on my thumb is more similar to a blister, the others are still in development, but they are in te fingers of my two hands, itch like crazy and kind of come and go but never leave... any idea?

dedo1.jpg

dedo2.jpg

dedo3.png

dedo4.jpg

You need to get a dh biopsy from a derm experienced in dh. The biopsy is taken form clear skin adjacent to an active lesion NOT ON one. You would need to be actively eating gluten just like a gluten challenge & that's probably why your blood work was negative. You hadn't been eating gluten long enough so the tests are just plain invalid. See:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/

6 hours ago, squirmingitch said:

You need to get a dh biopsy from a derm experienced in dh. The biopsy is taken form clear skin adjacent to an active lesion NOT ON one. You would need to be actively eating gluten just like a gluten challenge & that's probably why your blood work was negative. You hadn't been eating gluten long enough so the tests are just plain invalid. See:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/

Its been a while since i started eating gluten every day, i eat a little before the first try and then the two weeks, + the time that has passed since the blood test i think 12 weeks or 11 on total, so idk why it came back negative, maybe im not celiac but im going to go for the biopsy to be sure, thank you very much for your information about DH, do you think it could be? for how it looks? im goin to see a dermatologist but they all really busy at this time of the year 

2 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Welcome to the forum.  Why did you go gluten free for a year?

Thanks, i stopped eating gluten and lactose for a week because i was tired of feeling awful every day and i noticed an improvement almost intermediately, at first i thought it may be just something casual because for that week i was only eating fruits and vegetables so super healthy, and i thought that may be the cause of my health improvement, so i decide to reintroduce them and react bad to gluten, then i cut it off completely, i start to get better but i decide to get tested because of my family skepticism, the weird thing is that i have a patch on my knee of psoriasis gutata that never leaves, except when i was out of gluten for a long time, now i have it back, idk if psoriasis and gluten can be related tbh but it was a weird coincidence.