Ulla24

Anyone with colicky pains and loud noises from stomach

Rate this topic

My sone is 14 and we are in the process of testing for Celiac.  Had the blood tests and his RBC is low, but not anemic.  We are waiting for the celiac results to get back.  My question is this, did anyone else experience colicky pains with very loud stomach noises as one of their symptoms?  He does not have diarrhea, but pains and these noises....sometimes vomiting.  Even when the pains subside, the loud rumblings remain but are less frequent.

Lots of gas, and the pains and noises associated with it, can be a symptom of Celiac.  Vomiting isn't as common, but some people seem to vomit when their " stomach" is upset.  They are also symptoms of other things, like a FODMAp issue or lactose intolerance.  So if the Celiac looks negative, you might want to look into those things.

Um, yeah.   You could call them loud!  Maybe deafening would be more accurate! :)  Digestive conditions being in an uproar things don't go smoothly down there.   I used to have projectile vomiting at times, and it was great for redecorating the walls.

If you are in the testing process, he needs to continue to eat gluten until all testing is done.  About a 1/2 slice of regular gluten bread daily.  If he has symptoms from dairy, that can be related to celiac disease.  Celiac can cause lactose intolerance due to villi damage.

Some things that may help a little and won't affect celiac testing are: drink peppermint tea for bloating, avoid all dairy, take Pepto Bismol for gut pain.  Plain aspirin can help too.  I used to take 2 or 3 aspirin every 3 hours.  That's probably too much though.

Avoiding sugar and refined carbs can help also.  They can cause more bloating and gas.  Stick to mostly whole foods like meats, veggies, eggs, nut and some fruit.   Don't forget the 1/2 slice of gluten bread tho.

Welcome to the forum Ulla :)

On 12/11/2016 at 4:11 AM, Ulla24 said:

My sone is 14 and we are in the process of testing for Celiac.  Had the blood tests and his RBC is low, but not anemic.  We are waiting for the celiac results to get back.  My question is this, did anyone else experience colicky pains with very loud stomach noises as one of their symptoms?  He does not have diarrhea, but pains and these noises....sometimes vomiting.  Even when the pains subside, the loud rumblings remain but are less frequent.

Yes, I had those symptoms and they were horrible. A endoscope revealed chronic gastritis (last year). I was not properly tested for celiac (they did one biopsy during the endoscope, and they did not take the full blood panel), so I don't know whether I have celiac or not. However, I do know I feel physically sick with some of the symptoms described here in your posting, as well as experience other symptoms, if I eat gluten.  

Have you gotten the results back from his tests yet?