pdm1981

Mc Cormick gluten-free Chili Mix?

Rate this topic

So whats the deal with chili mixes? I live in Cincinnati so I love chili, at least I did. I saw that McCormick has a gluten-free mix out there that is certified. Does anyone know if it is any good or even safe for that matter? All the recipes I saw for "Cincinnati style chili" calls for worcestershire  sauce. Is there any safe brands out there off hand? I saw a thread for 2007 but I don't trust a 10 year old thread.

1 hour ago, pdm1981 said:

So whats the deal with chili mixes? I live in Cincinnati so I love chili, at least I did. I saw that McCormick has a gluten-free mix out there that is certified. Does anyone know if it is any good or even safe for that matter? All the recipes I saw for "Cincinnati style chili" calls for worcestershire  sauce. Is there any safe brands out there off hand? I saw a thread for 2007 but I don't trust a 10 year old thread.

If it doesn't list flour, it should be good.  I think I have used them.  I like Williams , it has no salt.  Lea and Perkins Worcestershire  is gluten-free.  I think most in the US are.  It might not be gluten-free in Canada.

I used the McCormick gluten-free chili mix and the taco seasoning. McCormick is a good company. I use Lea & Perrins Worcestershire. I'm in the US. As Karen says..... Canadian Worcestershire can be a different matter.

We used the McCormick gluten-free brown gravy mix for pot roast it was awesome. Very flavorful nice thick consistency without flour I was impressed. I have used in the US daily & perrins gluten-free Worcestershire sauce it was fine too. I'd love to find a nice thick Teriyaki gluten-free sauce but as we know that doesn't always equal gluten free.

1 hour ago, Searsmount400 said:

We used the McCormick gluten-free brown gravy mix for pot roast it was awesome. Very flavorful nice thick consistency without flour I was impressed. I have used in the US daily & perrins gluten-free Worcestershire sauce it was fine too. I'd love to find a nice thick Teriyaki gluten-free sauce but as we know that doesn't always equal gluten free.

Use SANJ soy sauce, teryaki , etc.  they are gluten-free

http://san-j.com/

Edited by kareng

They should be quite safe.  McCormick is a good company and properly lists all ingredients.  Or you can just add your own pure spices and then no worries at all!