pdm1981

Just got a new steamer/slow cooker for Christmas. Any good recipes out there?

Rate this topic

Great for making huge pots of stews and soups, the flavor really intensifies slow cooking it and meats end up super tender and flavor into the rest of the soup great. You can also to overnight oatmeal/rice porridge in it. I miss making the rice porridge the stuff was great how you could do it, 1;4 ratio of rice to a nut milk or water add some dried/fresh fruit like prunes, dates, raisins, or apples and leave it on for 5-8 hours on low and it would thicken all up. Then you just stir it and the fruits would dissolve into it and you might have to add a bit more liquid and sweetener to taste.....oh how I miss thee.    Anyway I use it to make stocks alot since I do not digest meats well but love the flavor and can strain out the meat and then make a soup in it adding sauteed onion, garlic, peppers, and fresh or dehydrated cabbage, tomatoes then finish it off with a seasoning. Also like doing Asian ones with a stock and cashew or coconut milk, Curry paste, sauteed onions and peppers, then adding stir fry veggies to it and cooking a few hours, finishing it off with gluten free noodles I can eat. Sorta do most by thought and mood sorry I do not have actual recipes for these.