Ennis_TX

My Christmas and Recipes

Rate this topic

Every year this just gets worse it seems, my health cost is astounding with the gluten-free diet especially since I can not eat many foods. I tried to make the best of it by treating myself to salmon one of the few meats I can eat in small amounts after finding it on sale. Marinated a 14oz fillet for a hour in orange juice, then drained and coated with Fredrick burg Farms gluten-free Peach Amaretto Syrup and let sit for a hour in a glass baking dish in the fridge. I then Baked it for 20min at 400F. Now I have about 14 servings of salmon for myself -_- and I realizing I need more digestive enzymes. Few other sides I made like roasted portabello mushroom with a coating of spray coconut oil liquid smoke, balsamic, bit of a pesto of hemp, garlic, tomatoes, and oregano and baked this for 20mins at 400F, and then green beans, and a salad with a bunch of roasted almonds in it. And a slice of my paleo cinnamon cake fore dessert (Posted this recipe before will post again if requested).

This is all I have to look forward to, none of my family really meets up or gifts anymore, mix of money issues and deaths among the grandparents in the past few years. I took a dish of baked sweet potatoes based on my grandmothers old recipe (Boil potatoes for a hour and peel skins off, cut into 3/4-1" coins line the bottom of a baking dish, pour in orange juice to just cover them, sprinkle coconut sugar and cinnamon over the tops then bake at 350F for a hour) to my mother for her gift, I ended up getting a brush and a magazine for my only gifts. Wish them merry Christmas and proceeded to deliver gifts I could make or had on hand around the house to others (Dried Fruits, Extra Spices, Teas) . Then went home and binge watched old Christmas movies. Just wish it was like the old days where I could look forward to the holidays and not be so depressed by them getting nothing, and trying to cheer up myself and family.

Really miss the old days, I would now be thankful for socks, nuts, seeds, and gift cards to local grocery stores lol. Really makes me think how blessed I am to have what I have, and that I was really lucky growing up.