Pretti

gluten-free foods make me sleepy

Rate this topic

I get this way if I eat small amounts of certain foods, normally accompanied with a fever kind of allergic reaction. I also get fatigued and bloated with sugars, starches, and certain carbs.

Your issue might be with a ingredient that your body has issues with causing you to feel tired. Perhaps try the ingredients separate in the foods that bother you the most. I might also suggest getting a allergy test done as your body could be having minor allergic reaction to something.

2 hours ago, Pretti said:

Has anyone else Experienced dozing off after eating something gluten free? I have been looking for information as to what is causing tje fatigue feeling. 

Do you have celiac disease?  If so, look to your diet for hidden gluten exposures or have your thyroid checked.  Hard to provide advice with so little information.  

28 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

I get this way if I eat small amounts of certain foods, normally accompanied with a fever kind of allergic reaction. I also get fatigued and bloated with sugars, starches, and certain carbs.

Your issue might be with a ingredient that your body has issues with causing you to feel tired. Perhaps try the ingredients separate in the foods that bother you the most. I might also suggest getting a allergy test done as your body could be having minor allergic reaction to something.

I agree that allergies or food intolerances can cause fatigue (so can untreatd celiac disease).  I ate some gluten-free Challah bread from a gluten-free bakery yesterday (it was heavenly), but it made me sick (not hubby).  Zapped once again by Xanthan Gum!  I guess this intolerance is never going away.  I take comfort and assume the risks because it lasts just a day, unlike gluten (triggers antibodies/flare-uph which can affect me for three to six months).  Am going to make this bread myself using other gums.  

Real severe fatigue usually indicates that my thyroid is off.  I need a nap when I am hypothyroid or when I have the flu.