Nelly

Help with the biopsy result

Rate this topic

Here is my daughters biopsy report . She's 18 years old and is asymptomatic. Her ttg igG was above 300 but her ttg igG was 5. Can you please help me with her biopsy results as she's is reluctant to go on gluten free diet. Also suggest me if I should go for her genetic testing  which I wanted to avoid but will only do so to convince my daughter that she's celiac and has to follow gluten free diet.

IMG_4522.PNG

Welcome!  I think you made a typo.  You listed the TTG IgG twice with two different values.  Can you please clarify?  

The genetic test helps rule out celiac disease -- not diagnose it.   That's because some 30% of the population carries the genes, but only a few actually go on to develop celiac disease.  You might consider asking for the EMA and DGP blood tests, but honestly, it looks like you need to get your daughter to talk to a doctor.  He/she should be able to convince your daughter that she needs to go gluten free.  Perhaps, investigate the negative outcomes of untreated celiac disease.  

My heart goes out to you and your daughter.  I suggest the family goes gluten free with her at least for a while.  Just choose naturally gluten free foods (meat, fish, rice, potatoes, fruit and other veggies.  Snack on nuts, corn or potato chips.  Things the whole family can eat -- ice cream.   Others can grab gluten foods away from home.  Read our Newbie 101 thread located at the top of the "Coping" section of this forum.  

All first degree relatives need to get tested.  If she is not symptomatic, what prompted her testing?  

Sorry for the error. Her ttg iga was above 300 and her ttg igG was 5. I myself was diagnosed celiac in 2015. I got my daughter tested for celiac because since she was 5 she used to have severe stomach pains when ever she ate fried things or when she used to miss her meals. In both cases she used to suffer from severe pains which lasted for 5-6 hrs with sometimes vomiting and diarrhoea. But she outgrew from the issue a year back when she was diagnosed in early 2016. So this was the reason I get her tested for celiac. Kindly can you tell what her biopsy results say. Is it celiac and which marsh level

I am not a doctor, but this may help:

https://www.verywell.com/marsh-stage-of-celiac-disease-562711

From a parent's perspective, it's celiac disease.  That TTG is super high.  The good news is that she can undo the damage (e.g. Like building up her bone mass).