RPM5

Certified Gluten Free Wheat Grass?

Rate this topic

I've seen Wellesse products mentioned many times - they're one of the few companies who has certified gluten free vitamins...well, I was looking at their multivitamin ingredients and saw wheat grass

http://www.wellesse.com/our-supplements/multivitamin-liquid/

has anybody taken this product? would you trust me? I'm familiar with how wheat grass it gluten free technically but CC is extremely common. Clearly Wellesse is certified gluten free but I'm a little hesitant about this one for some reason....what's your thoughts?

9 minutes ago, RPM5 said:

I've seen Wellesse products mentioned many times - they're one of the few companies who has certified gluten free vitamins...well, I was looking at their multivitamin ingredients and saw wheat grass

http://www.wellesse.com/our-supplements/multivitamin-liquid/

has anybody taken this product? would you trust me? I'm familiar with how wheat grass it gluten free technically but CC is extremely common. Clearly Wellesse is certified gluten free but I'm a little hesitant about this one for some reason....what's your thoughts?

I can speak for Wellesse, but if it is certified it is most likely safe.  Contact the manufacturer to be sure.  It is a good habit to get into.  Are you deficient in anything?  I take no supplements and get all my nutrition from Whole Foods.  My GI has tested me and I am fine.  The only supplement I have taken was iron and Vitamin D for just the first few months after my diagnosis cause I was very deficient in those two and the low iron made me very anemic.  

Oh, checked their website.  I would trust them.  Do not take iron if your doctor has not recommendeded it or you haven't had your ferritin (iron stores checked).  Too much iron is as bad as too little.  

Edited by cyclinglady

Hi RPM5,

I haven't tried t myself.  And I wouldn't try it at this point.  Personally I have no desire to try anything with wheat grass in it, regardless of what the claims about it being gluten-free are.  IMHO there are plenty of vitamins and supplements around that don't have any gluten ingredients in them.  So why take a chance on it?