Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Mysonspain

Gluten help

Rate this topic

Hello,

my 9 year old son has suddenly been showing signs of gluten lactos issues. I'm really new at this and unfortunately I didn't really take anyone seriously in the past when hearing about these problems. I sure am feeling his pain and need to learn more. Can anyone share there stories with me if you have a young child with these symptoms? He has serious pain in his stomach area suddenly but we've taken wheat out of his diet for about a week now. The sharpest pain comes right before he goes to the toilet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

14 minutes ago, Mysonspain said:

Hello,

my 9 year old son has suddenly been showing signs of gluten lactos issues. I'm really new at this and unfortunately I didn't really take anyone seriously in the past when hearing about these problems. I sure am feeling his pain and need to learn more. Can anyone share there stories with me if you have a young child with these symptoms? He has serious pain in his stomach area suddenly but we've taken wheat out of his diet for about a week now. The sharpest pain comes right before he goes to the toilet

He needs to see a doctor.  before you eliminate gluten from his diet, he should be tested for Celiac disease.  

Right, if he has celiac disease, he should be eating gluten until all testing is done.  The testing is usually a blood draw first for testing antibodies to gliaden, a protein in wheat.  If the antibodies are positive, then they set up an endoscopy to take 4 to 6 biopsy samples from the small intestine lining.  He doesn't need to eat a lot of gluten for the testing.  A cracker or a slice of bread will do.

The usual screening test is just the ttg IgA, but there are more antibodies they can test.  So the doctor might (should) do a full celiac panel if the ttg IgA is positive.

Lactose intolerance is common in untreated celiacs.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul