Rate this topic

Okay, I know that Kraft is supposed to be a trusted name as far as disclosing gluten containing ingredients but I always think it's best to hear from anyone whose gave it a shot. What's the verdict on Koolaide and Country Time Lemonade Mixes, They say Gluten free but what kind of experiences have people had with them?

1 hour ago, pdm1981 said:

Okay, I know that Kraft is supposed to be a trusted name as far as disclosing gluten containing ingredients but I always think it's best to hear from anyone whose gave it a shot. What's the verdict on Koolaide and Country Time Lemonade Mixes, They say Gluten free but what kind of experiences have people had with them?

I have used the lemonade and maybe the Koolaide.  I really don't see this company would lie about ingredients.  They could get in very BIG trouble.  I don't think it is at all likely that this is the type of product to be run on shared lines or accidentally CC'd by an ingredient.  

It probably has artificial flavors or colors that some people, Celiac and gluten eaters,  think bother them.

2 hours ago, LisaDA said:

These say gluten-free so why does it effect me? All these drink mixes make me itch and blister. 

You could have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the product, or you might not be able to tolerate 20 ppm, (especially if you have DH) or your DH is reacting to a previous gluten exposure.  Read through the DH section for Coping ideas.  I do not have DH, but I have heard that it can take a long time for the antibodies to leave the skin and that the rash can flare up for no particular reason.  The members who live and breathe DH can tell you more in that section of the forum.  

Hang in there!