Jump to content
  • Sign Up
ironictruth

sibo right ribs still hurt

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

My sibo test was negative. I am on day 23 of gluten.

12 days into it the blood panel was negative. Will shoot to retest in March. 

My right rib cage area still has a lot of pressure and pain. The pressure sometimes feels like something is moving under the ribs. 

Eating gluten again did not seem to change much other then headaches until i noticed a huge increase in pain from the ribs to hip bone after italian food. Then D this am. 

Just really wishing i had answers. I feel dizzy and a bit queasy today. 

Anyone with this freaKing rib pressure/pain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember if I told you about my sisters rib problem.  She had a rib pop out of joint.  It caused her pain for a long time.  She made several trips to chiropractors and eventually found one who popped the rib back in place.  Boom!  Problem solved!  She wasn't doing anything particularly strenuous when the rib popped out of joint either.  It really helped because now I don't feel as guilty when she has to carry the firewood in from the shed...  Just kidding! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not help answer your questions (my own rib and hip pain was a result of osteoporosis and occurred when trying to sleep on my sides), but I recently listened/watched this webinar:

http://limelightdc.com/clientarea/naspghan_gluten_webinar_06_13/landing_page.html

Several top celiac doctors (Fasano, Guandalini) spoke.  Interesting.  I listen to all kinds of weird things when ironing, etc!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 both excellent points. I actually would have a rib on the right hand side that I could feel move on and off previously, it just never caused pain.  maybe it Is just pinching something. I have an appointment for the chiropractor on Friday. And I have been bulking up on vitamin D recently and trying to increase my calcium.  I have never tested for osteoporosis before. 

 I will take a look at the webinar. It is actually Fasano that I'm going to be hopefully talking with at the clinic now that the sibo testing is done to rule out/in celiac once and for all.  maybe they'll be able to guide me in the right direction after all of this.

 I finally did get a diagnosis on something though!  after months of buzzing in my leg and numbness and pain behind the knee I was diagnosed with tendonitis or hamstring injury (pt guy is not really sure) as well as a baker's cyst and I'm going to PT.  here is to hoping the diagnosis is correct and the PT is effective. One weird symptoms down and several more to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ironictruth said:

 both excellent points. I actually would have a rib on the right hand side that I could feel move on and off previously, it just never caused pain.  maybe it Is just pinching something. I have an appointment for the chiropractor on Friday. And I have been bulking up on vitamin D recently and trying to increase my calcium.  I have never tested for osteoporosis before. 

 I will take a look at the webinar. It is actually Fasano that I'm going to be hopefully talking with at the clinic now that the sibo testing is done to rule out/in celiac once and for all.  maybe they'll be able to guide me in the right direction after all of this.

 I finally did get a diagnosis on something though!  after months of buzzing in my leg and numbness and pain behind the knee I was diagnosed with tendonitis or hamstring injury (pt guy is not really sure) as well as a baker's cyst and I'm going to PT.  here is to hoping the diagnosis is correct and the PT is effective. One weird symptoms down and several more to go.

Hey, be careful about the chiropractor.  Nothing against them (hubby used them for shoulder issues and used our old doctor's chiro), but if you have not been tested for osteoporosis or osteopenia, I would not let anyone manipulate my back.  Just my personal-non-medical opinion.    Two months after my celiac disease diagnosis, I fractured two vertebrae doing NOTHING!  Paramedics, doctors, etc. though I had a heart attack.  Got admitted, complete work up from cardio and my heart is good for another 50 years.   Even though I kept telling them My back hurt.  No wonder I could not get off the floor after passing out.  My GP during my follow-up took the time to look at my X-rays.  Can you believe it?  Fractures.  No one at the hospital caught it.    Even though I told them I had celiac disease!  Had a bone scan to confirm my poor bone density (which has remained stable and probably the best to expect given my age -- 55).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cyclinglady said:

Hey, be careful about the chiropractor.  Nothing against them (hubby used them for shoulder issues and used our old doctor's chiro), but if you have not been tested for osteoporosis or osteopenia, I would not let anyone manipulate my back.  Just my personal-non-medical opinion.    Two months after my celiac disease diagnosis, I fractured two vertebrae doing NOTHING!  Paramedics, doctors, etc. though I had a heart attack.  Got admitted, complete work up from cardio and my heart is good for another 50 years.   Even though I kept telling them My back hurt.  No wonder I could not get off the floor after passing out.  My GP during my follow-up took the time to look at my X-rays.  Can you believe it?  Fractures.  No one at the hospital caught it.    Even though I told them I had celiac disease!  Had a bone scan to confirm my poor bone density (which has remained stable and probably the best to expect given my age -- 55).  

That is an EXCELLENT point! Maybe I will go in for a consult and bring that point up and see what he says. I have a small hiatial hernia (2 cm). I thought perhaps that was getting larger and causing me trouble (I am willing to try anything) and this chiro apparently addresses hernia and stomach issues. 

It also hurts to touch the rib in one spot under my breast and the lower ribs toward the inside. Not sure if costochronditis presents like that or not. 

I will run for the hills if he tries to make any adjustments without a through investigation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ironictruth,

I don't know if this will help or not.

You don't want to rely on Dr. Google for too much in way of a diagnosis but your specific symptom's of specifically mentioning the right side indicates it might related to your gall bladder.

See this thread.

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/premiumquestions/What-causes-soreness-in-lower-right-rib/168303

Also see this thread that talks about gall bladder issues from a newsletter I subscribe too that links common food allergens to gall bladder problems.

If it is your gall bladder try eliminating eggs research indicates that eggs are a common trigger for gall bladder inflammation (see information in the thread).

This is not medical advice.  don't use google either to diagnose your self but it might be worth a try if limiting eggs helps the inflammation that might be leading to your tenderness (assuming) you have not had injury/trauma to that area (like cycyclinglady) that you know of that might otherwise explain the cause.

I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Posterboy. My gallbladder was  removed in 1997 with an infected bile duct and 13 gallstones. I Had been walking around like that with extreme episodes of pain and pregnant at the time. I was very young and my doctor told me it was false labor and thAt I would not be able to handle labor.  after one very bad episode, 14 hours of pain straight, I knew that it was not in the location of my uterus.  I was hospitalized and they gave me morphine, yes during my pregnancy, and then senT me home And the pain started again.  they even put a monitor on me and told me that they could  see mild contractions. I can tell you when I finally did go into labor, it was nothing even remotely close to being the same.

  this Pain went on for about the last 3 months of my pregnancy and then obviously after he was born.  luckily my former pediatrician actually had an office down the street from my mother and my mother insisted I walk down and see if she could see me.  I did not have an appointment as I haD not seen her in some time.  but it was a very small office and we Had been going there for years so she just invited me in to chat with her. I walked in, told her what was wrong, and she immediately knew  The diagnosis. I was scheduled for surgery within 24 hours.  the surgeon told me I was extremely Lucky that I had not developed pancreatitis in addition.

 that is probably why I have such a difficult time with All of this. I don't really have good past experiences with doctors. My 2nd delivery was also a nightmare. 

 ugh. I remember that pain being horrendous. I feel for anyone dealing with a gallbladder issues right now especially if the duct becomes infected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i  have the same pain if its like burning right rips and the back

this  is maybe from (Duodenal ulcer) if i drink tea or coffee to mush the pain come back and stay for days until i stop the Tea or the coffee or smoking.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aziz said:

Hi i  have the same pain if its like burning right rips and the back

this  is maybe from (Duodenal ulcer) if i drink tea or coffee to mush the pain come back and stay for days until i stop the Tea or the coffee or smoking.



 

Thank you. Mine is not a burning. More of a twisting pressure and a tender pain. 

I hope you get yours figured out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...