PrettyPuppy

DH or eczema??

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Since I was little, I have been struggling with atopic eczema and allergies. The eczema normally is in the inside of my elbows, inside of my knees and sometimes my neck and looks like very very dry itchy flaky areas. Since a year or so, I have noticed a different rash. I am taking antihistamine for my allergies and also apply cortisone on my skin (for the eczema). The 'new' rash does not react to the creme as my 'normal eczema' does. Since I am familiar with allergies, I am considering dh and I would like to use some of your expertise. 

I have a very dry skin. The rash is very itchy (as you can see from the scratching). I would not say it's blisters, it's more like bumps or mosquito bites. Here are some pictures:

DSC_0016_zpszrmdt0iv.jpg

_20170116_145023_zpsuaqirz3t.jpg_20170116_145108_zpss4npdwmw.jpg_20170116_144802_zpsrj0ecybp.jpgDSC_0019_zpscxt172vh.jpgDSC_0014_zpst5jfnj2i.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could this be a form of eczema or should I consider dh?

Thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, PrettyPuppy said:

Hi everyone,

Since I was little, I have been struggling with atopic eczema and allergies. The eczema normally is in the inside of my elbows, inside of my knees and sometimes my neck and looks like very very dry itchy flaky areas. Since a year or so, I have noticed a different rash. I am taking antihistamine for my allergies and also apply cortisone on my skin (for the eczema). The 'new' rash does not react to the creme as my 'normal eczema' does. Since I am familiar with allergies, I am considering dh and I would like to use some of your expertise. 

I have a very dry skin. The rash is very itchy (as you can see from the scratching). I would not say it's blisters, it's more like bumps or mosquito bites. Here are some pictures:

DSC_0016_zpszrmdt0iv.jpg

_20170116_145023_zpsuaqirz3t.jpg_20170116_145108_zpss4npdwmw.jpg_20170116_144802_zpsrj0ecybp.jpgDSC_0019_zpscxt172vh.jpgDSC_0014_zpst5jfnj2i.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could this be a form of eczema or should I consider dh?

Thanks in advance 

Just now, susan french said:
6 hours ago, PrettyPuppy said:

Hi everyone,

DSC_0016_zpszrmdt0iv.jpg

Thanks in advance 

Hi, I had DH, mild and looked exactly like your photos.  Bumps and severe itching.  Finally I got a blister like bump and the dermatologist did a biopsy which confirmed DH.  A lot of time the dermatologist doesn't test for Dh because it's not real common, so ask him. After diagnosis, he sent me to a gastroenterologist to test for celiac, which was positive.  I had struggled with various stomach and bowel issues for years and was never diagnosed or tested for it.  It finally manifested itself as DH.  Don't go gluten free until you have the blood work for celiac as you don't get a good result and diagnosis.  I've been gluten free for 7 years.  Still have the itching, and I don't guess that will go away because I have natural dry skin.  Good luck.