Sara789

Naturade Vegan Smart Nutritional Shake on Amazon (Jan 2017)

Rate this topic

I ordered the Naurade Vegan Smart All-in-one Nutritional Shake, Vanilla, 22.8 oz on Jan 5th, 2017 through Amazon. It was through the 3rd party vendor Nutrition Depot.

This product was recommended on this forum and I though I'd give it a try. The label on Amazon didn't have any mention of gluten ingredients, not processed in a facility with wheat, and was listed as gluten free. 

I received the product on Jan 16th, read the label, and saw that it was manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat.

I contacted Amazon today (1/17/17) and they are putting through a return request through the vendor since the product wasn't what was listed on the website.

Amazon grocery items show up as non-refundable, but Amazon was great about this. If you have an issue with an Amazon non-refundable item, I suggest you contact their customer service department. The woman I spoke with was great. She is putting through a refund request to the vendor. I also asked her to contact the vendor about the labeling issue, and she said that the label should have been the same as what's listed on the website per Amazon policy and she would contact them to get it changed.

UPDATE

I was contacted by the vendor by email stating that I could return the product for a full refund, but I would have to pay for the return shipping. I emailed them stating that the product they sent me was different than the product advertised on the website and included screen shots and pictures of the product. I also stated that I had celiac disease and the product they sent me would make me seriously ill. I asked that they pay for shipping since I cannot use their product and it was misrepresented on the website when I bought it.

The vendor emailed me back that I don't have to return the product, and I received a full refund. Now to unload the stuff on a non-celiac.

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/116482-supplement-and-foods-you-take/

Place where some of us list what we take, I like to stick to MRM Veggie elite, veggie blend shake, and the low carb meal replacement, Textures not the best but great and safe, and Nutra-Key V-Pro is one of the smoothest shakes I have found. Jarrow has alot of options also.  I have tried one orgain vegan protein shake that worked well. I have also been told of a celiac formulated shake by pioneer labs, contains a bit of soy letchin and I have been hesitant to try it,

UPDATE

I'm 0 for 3. 

Order #1 from Amazon Vendor: Website lists no wheat. Received product that listed it was manufactured in a facility that also manufactures wheat. Took a while, but vendor refunded my money and didn't ask for me to return the product. (Thought maybe it was an old batch I got with an outdated label)

Order #2 from Amazon directly: Contacted Amazon and they said their website reflects the actual product they send out. Website lists no wheat. Received product that listed it was manufactured in a facility that also manufactures wheat. Amazon returns are pretty easy; refunded my money and didn't ask for me to return the product.

Order #1 from Naturade.com: Website lists no wheat. Received product that listed it was manufactured in a facility that also manufactures wheat. Called for a refund and was transferred to the manager. She gave me a hard time stating that the product was safe and I could use it. She kept saying that they advertise the product in a celiac magazine and wouldn't do that if it wasn't safe. I asked her to change her website since it doesn't reflect the product that is mailed to consumers. I also told her that I'm not willing to risk my health to try the product that lists wheat on a package. After a lot of talking, she agreed to refund my money and will pay for return shipping.

Just had this same argument with a soup company, claims gluten free, got it, small print, "Not made in a gluten free facility".  OK what does that mean, looked it up company also makes a roasted barley soup.....yeah no thanks. It's a medical requirement not a health fad.