Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Fbmb

Sharing my happy news!

Rate this topic

I had my follow up with my GI today. I went gluten free on November 8. My TTG-iga was >100 when I was diagnosed. I had the labs re-run last week and my number is 12!!!!!

I was ecstatic. I even grabbed my doctor! 

I just wanted to share with you all. You know how bad my anxiety is and I've been dreading this - panicking that I'm not improving. I am so happy to be wrong :) 

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That IS indeed fantastic news!!!!!!!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy-clap.gif

If you put the right effort into recovery, you will reap the rewards.  My tTg was also pegged well past 100 and I waited for 1 year to be retested.  When I did, it was 3. I was very strict and still am with the diet.  What it shows is that you understand the diet well and are doing a fabulous job with recovery!  Congratulations!

Very significant!  It means you must be a fast learner and willing to get well.  It is so hard to learn new behaviors -- especially dietary ones.  My PCP has two other celiac patients who do not follow the gluten free diet.  It is their choice, but I choose to strive for wellness!