Rate this topic

We had and issue with nuts lately.  We started REALLY looking at the labeling but we figured - They are nuts, how could there be a problem, but I still got sick after eating them.  My wife started making calls - a lot of calls - and she wasn't getting many answers.

Well, we finally got some answers (took about 3 weeks).  Here is what we found -

Surratefarms.com has Pecans that are Gluten Free.  The grower is in Texas and they gave me Surratefarms.  There is no gluten in their plant - we bought some and when they come in, we will see!

Fisher Nuts (all of them) are processed in a facilities that processes wheat or Gluten

Emerald Nuts (all of them) are processed in a facilities that processes wheat or Gluten

Planters (all of them) are processed in a facilities that processes wheat or Gluten

All of them indicated how careful and how ... and there shouldn't be a problem ... with the way I feel - sometimes good, sometimes not so good - off my list.

Wonderful almonds, Wonderful Pistachios, Blue Diamond almonds, Hammonds Black Walnuts are all packaged in Gluten Free facilities.

A lot of members swear by nuts.com I have issues with peanuts so that's a no go for me. I found TraderJoe's seems safe and they claim is alright. I mostly use https://alldrinalmonds.com/collections/all   

^I go though a 25lb box in about 2-3 months normally >.> stuffs my substance .

Nuts.com is one of the best suppliers of really good nuts that are certified gluten-free. 

I will add that Planters does a very good job at making sure they are not cc'd.  I am very, very sensitive and do have Planters nuts on occasion and have never gotten even remotely sick from them.  I have been gluten-free for 12 years now and pretty sure that if they were not safe for us, I would have been sick by now. Planters is a Kraft food and they are very up front with their information. Just because something is processed in the same facility as wheat does in no way mean it is not safe to eat.

Are you sure that the problem is gluten or wheat? Maybe you have developed an allergy to nuts.

I used to love cashews but I can't eat them anymore. One day I could eat them but the next time, I couldn't (it didn't matter what brand it was.  :(