Sharlotta schlaegel

Rate this topic

Hope I'm posting in the correct area. Hi I'm new and learning to navigate around this forum. I've felt alone on my mission of surviving omitting gluten. And now I've hit the jack pot! A forum such as this. I know ( and extremely excited) I'm on a power journey with so much experience to access.

Welcome to the forums, this is a great group for support. I have multiple issues (check profile) related to Celiac disease myself. It have been a great experience here over the years. And I often find myself helping others or coming out about my issues here. Feels like a nice understanding family most the time. I also post often on recipes, suggestions on supplements, and help finding foods for people and cooking instructions. Feel free to talk about your issues and ask questions, many of us are have years of experiences dealing with the disease.

Welcome to the forum Sharlotta! :)

If you are trying to learn gluten-free eating, you came to the right place.  We do have a thread for beginners called Newbie 101 in the "Coping With" forum section that might help.

Also, we have plenty of helpful members who can steer you forward.  Feel free to fire away with questions! :)

P.S.  If you click the green circled plus sign right of your thread title, you can follow this thread and gets emails when someone replies to it.   Very helpful! :)

Welcome Sharlotta :)

As others have said this is a great site with lot's of good info and helpful members. I hope you find as much help and support here as I have and that you get all the answers you need. 

10 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Welcome to the forums, this is a great group for support. I have multiple issues (check profile) related to Celiac disease myself. It have been a great experience here over the years. And I often find myself helping others or coming out about my issues here. Feels like a nice understanding family most the time. I also post often on recipes, suggestions on supplements, and help finding foods for people and cooking instructions. Feel free to talk about your issues and ask questions, many of us are have years of experiences dealing with the disease.

Thank you for your informative and warm welcome.  My biggest grip is miss labeled products.  I'm positive that is a huge issue with many many people. I've come to realize that it is an issue I will need to move around since I can't change it. So I tend to rotate meals I know are safe. And know that I must be satisfied with that. 

Anxious to read the posts here. 

I personally stick to soups, stir Fries, egg white omelettes with added fats, and my own homemade, ice creams, cheese sauces, and dips. And sometimes treat myself to my own baked goods, and tiny bits of foods I prep for others. I also snack alot on stuff I trust from brands I trust of seeds, nuts, etc. Sometimes you branch out a bit and it bites back like a rabid animal though.