Rate this topic

I am sensitive even to airborne gluten, including in aerosols, kitchens where an oven is cooking gluten containing food, or has been recently, plaster dust in building materials.  I work, but suffer migraine when I have fully ingested gluten and numbness and muscle weakness from smells.  Does anyone else experience full-body numbness, or facial or extremities numbness?

Yep, you should see my hands, I cook a lot and burn myself often and hardly notice it so they are quite damaged. I believe it is refereed to as peripheral neuropathy, it it present all the time with me but spikes in what I can feel when glutened. Best way to describe it is I have no surface feeling to my hands, I can feel deep tissue pressure, and if I touch something hot for a few seconds I can feel the heat when it reaches the deeper tissues. I have learned to compensate to some degree with this but my the speed at which I do stuff is compromised, and you can imagine some of the issues I get. My feet also have this to some degree, and the face sometimes gets a odd numbness twitch when full on glutened. These can be triggered by really small exposures and even inhaled flours going though a bakery at the store have done this along with the anxiety and brain fog. I have also had this happen with stuff where I have gotten residue from gluten on my hands from touching a door handle, knob etc. and not washed my hands before popping a mint or gum in my mouth. While I do not get the full on vomiting, and D with these forms of exposure the neurological issues to present them selves with these, and sometimes a but of gut issues.

Hi, yes.  I once sat next to someone who was eating a sausage roll in a house that was being plastered.  I couldn't feel anything from the waist down and had to check my legs were still there.  It's as though my brain is numbed.  The manufacturer of the plaster said it contained wheat gluten as a bonding agent.