moserRob

Help accidentally consumed gluten. (First time happening since being diagnosed 5 years ago pls help)

Rate this topic

So I accidentally consumed a glass of a beverage that has barley and oats.

normally get the gluten-free version of this brand and was in a rush this time

i have been gluten free for 5 years since being diagnosed and never consumed gluten...idk what to expect.

i am honestly so freaking scared because of the horror stories that have been told to me.

its been 12 hours since consuming the product. No major symptoms other than gassiness.

could I have gotten lucky?

here is the ingredient list

https://ibb.co/bZeaTv

All celiacs react differently, there are in fact I do think 3 classifications, one of which is even a silent celiac where they get the gut damage but no outward or hardly any noticeable symptoms. Some of us react immediately some withing a few hours to noticeable symptoms. Regardless we all have the immune response where our immune system goes on its internal little rampage for days, weeks, even months trying to kill all the gluten, just trashing the house we call our body in the process a little differently from person to person.

Some of us show it violent reactions of vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, DH Rash, Extreme pain, cramps, burning sensations, brain fog, or various forms of nerve issues. Others have more subtle apparent reactions like gas, bloating, bit of confusion, dizziness, twitching, etc. And some debateably lucky ones have none that are noticeable, all the while the immune system is attacking the intestines that could later compound into other issues. This last part is true regardless for all of us.

I myself depends on the exposure inhaled flours, and residue can cause brain fog, numbness and confusion, straight up eating it will cause me vomiting violently sometimes even puking blood, rotating diarrhea and constipation, very bad brain fog to the point of sometimes forgetting how to even turn on a facet, and on 2 occasions even complete motor loss on the floor unable to move for 6-8 hours. In my case it also seems to attack my nervous system and brain.