Vegan Cheesy Garlic Knots

Rate this topic

Vegan Cheesy Garlic Knots

1/2 cup almond flour (60g)
1/4 cup coconut flour (36g)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese sub (6oz)
6 tbsp virgin coconut oil , melted
1/4cup apple sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
3. In a large saucepan, melt cheese over low heat until it's melted and can be stirred together.
4. Add oil, apple sauce, and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a parchment-lined surface and kneed it a bit
5. Divide dough into 12-16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 5-inch log and tie gently into a knot. Place on prepared baking sheet a few inches apart.

Coat with a garlic herb oil coating of
3tbsp virgin coconut oil melted
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp hemp vegan Parmesan or Parmesan grated fine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 dried rubbed parsley

5. Bake 15-20mins til golden
Feel free to coat with a bit more of the oil coating when done

I used Lisanatti Almond Cheese for this.

16825790_1403017133089223_13782540857414

Made without the garlic oil topping, tad drier but only 2 of them made it into a foil pouch for storage, <,< the rest I sorta ate before they even had a chance to cool, BEEN YEARS since I had good cheesy garlic bread and these tasted better then my memory.

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

16825790_1403017133089223_13782540857414

Made without the garlic oil topping, tad drier but only 2 of them made it into a foil pouch for storage, <,< the rest I sorta ate before they even had a chance to cool, BEEN YEARS since I had good cheesy garlic bread and these tasted better then my memory.

These things are rarely good the next day.  You should eat them fresh from the oven for the best flavor!  :D

Used vegan cheddar, omitted the garlic, and topped with a a bit of butter flavored coconut oil and rosemary this last batch and made them into biscuit  shapes. Made some great cheddar biscuits. Thinking perhaps a bit of onion or chives inside would have helped.