pdm1981

Gluten Free Italian Sausage?

Rate this topic

Hey Celiacs, is there a safe brand of italian sausage out there? Johnsonville says that they're gluten-free but has anyone given it a go and got away with it? I saw a couple of brands I looked up on the CSA site: Caninos, and Mulay's Sausage. The only problem is they're not available anywhere near me(Cincinnati). Anybody know of any safe national brands out there?

Meats fall under the USDA instead of the FDA, but they follow the FDA rules for gluten.  It is safe.  As always, read the label!     I can not eat sausage because of the casing and garlic, but I feed it to my gluten free hubby and he has no issues with it).  

https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/foods-labeled-gluten-free-must-now-be-in-compliance-with-the-fda-gluten-free-labeling-rule/

I buy Johnsonville.  I have eaten it, but like I said, garlic and casings still get to me, but it is NOT a gluten reaction.  (Vomit once and I am good to go!).   So good in my spaghetti sauce and we grill them all summer.  We eat Hillshire Farms Polish sausage too.