mandyinsd

Shooting pains in joints/fatigue

Rate this topic

Hello 
As some of you may have read in my previous post, I was recently diagnosed with celiacs on Monday after the results of the stomach biopsy came back. I started going gluten free on Tuesday. Starting on Friday and then extremely worse last night I began getting shooting pains in my joints, arms and legs. To the point it would jolt me out of sleep. Then today I was extremely achy all over, light headed and had joint pain. Now tonight I fell asleep and again woken up with shooting  pains in my joints and my hands and feet are tingling. I also have random sharp pains directly above my belly button and extreme fatigue.  Has anyone experienced this?  I plan to call my doctor in the morning but I can't sleep from the pain. So I'm searching for answers. 
Thank you in advance.

Ok first I am going to say I had major tingling, and pains that sometimes felt like fire and needles in joints, arms, back, legs, hand and feet moved around in waves. Strenuous activity, heat, or sunlight seemed to make it worse.  We learned for me a major part of this was Magnesium deficiency, I would suggest a magnesium glycinate in a chealted form from a supplement (Doctors best brand in powdered form in a drink or pill) on this twice daily. You can try a magnesium Citrate if you want but these are harsher on the stomach. Now for immediate relief try taking a hot Epsom salt soak in a bath, this will help a lot.  I might also suggest talking to a dietician or doctor to confirm as you might have other issues also that need to be addressed like B vitamins, Iron, D and E.

Took a few weeks for my body to regulate it and it seemed to spike back up for my first few months gluten-free when I got glutened by accident. 

Yup me too all day cramps and pain all over in my back and legs I know exactly what you mean. It keeps me up most night can only get like a few hours of sleep docs don't know whats wrong.

Maybe you'll get some help? Good luck