Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I am looking for a group of tweens/teens with Celiac for my daughter to join. She is currently 11 yo and diagnosed with Celiac Disease 6 months ago. She is responding very well to the gluten-free lifestyle, but social situations are challenging. It would be terrific for her to have a group of people her age to share experiences, stories and gluten-free-strategies. We live in the Atlanta area.

I do not know of a group near Atlanta, but I would recommend looking into a celiac camp for this summer.  She might meet lots of "local" kids.  There is one in Warm Springs, GA.  Starts right after school gets out.   Here is more information:

http://www.glutenfreecamp.org/index.html

I am old, but I wanna go to celiac camp!   I do go to Lake Lanier where my family has a lake house, but I still have to think about food.....ugh!  

On 2/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, cyclinglady said:

I do not know of a group near Atlanta, but I would recommend looking into a celiac camp for this summer.  She might meet lots of "local" kids.  There is one in Warm Springs, GA.  Starts right after school gets out.   Here is more information:

http://www.glutenfreecamp.org/index.html

I am old, but I wanna go to celiac camp!   I do go to Lake Lanier where my family has a lake house, but I still have to think about food.....ugh!  

Thank-you so much. I'll check it out!

On 2/28/2017 at 2:16 PM, StephanieL said:

There is a group called "ROCK" Raising Our Celiac Kids with locations around the country. 

Thanks so much. I'll take a look.

On 2/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, kareng said:

You might check with the Children's Hospital.  Some of them have support/social groups for kids with food allergies.  I would think the issues would be similiar to Celiac

Terrific idea. I will look into this.