Rate this topic

i hope this is in the right place i have tried searching for this product cant seem to find out anything about it does anyone know if its gluten free or not thanks they also make the  Mountaineer Sausage we live in wva also make ham salad chicken salad pimeto cheese egg salad here is a link for those items http://www.ballardsfarm.com/salads.htm tons of items and i cant seem to find out if they are gluten free or not any help tks

12 minutes ago, christineking said:

i have read whats in it didnt help much lol 

In the US, Wheat must be labelled clearly.  Rye and barley will be listed as a regular ingredient.  Barley sometimes is labelled as malt, but usually barley malt.  

E-mail the company, I would stay away form them personally, The company has no FAQ, poor site design, seems to be a small company, and part of there products list uses beer flavoring -_-. I would say they do have wheat in the facility, now they may follow good practices and even have a separate area and it could be safe. But it could also not be safe or be a hit and miss with their products. I see several salads with macaroni in them, these are not safe and ones with beer, Your best playing it safe and using a different brand, if you want to be 100% sure always look for the gluten-free certified symbol on something, this means it is safe.

UPDATE: The spreads and the salads from this company all contain wheat flour, I found the ingredient listings. I checked the pimento spread, ham salad, chicken salad. Round about way I found the brand on Walmart and checked the ingredients. https://www.walmart.com/tp/ballard-s-farm