Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Sara W

Jimmy Dean Delights Frittatas - Are They Safe?

Rate this topic

I have been wanting to try the Jimmy Dean Delights Frittatas but haven't been able to confirm with company or with research online if they are gluten free? Has anyone tried them and been okay?

Thanks,

Sara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I contacted Jimmy Dean a few months ago regarding their frittata products. Corporate Answer: NONE of them are currently, or in the process of, being certified gluten free. Although the ingredients do look safe to me, I personally never eat anything unless it is certified. COME ON JD, let's get this product certified!!

Reading the ingredients, I have eaten these frittatas but continued to get sick not knowing where I was getting gluten.  This morning I have concluded I am getting sick from them.  I will never eat them again.  I don't know about you, but I get very upset with companies who don't make products that are already without gluten gluten free. :angry:

It may not be the actual product but that it is made in a Facility that makes none gluten free products so it could be cross contamination so until can’t say it is gluten free till they change their facility around to accommodate this.