• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

celiaccecilia

Need Help, Still Feeling Yucky

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I am new to the board. I was diagnosed by a positive endoscopy in August 2005. It has been a real rollercoaster for me. Shortly after going on the diet I felt fabulous. (no headaches, body aches, stomach aches, big D etc.). Then I would feel gross for a few weeks and then feel good for awhile and so forth. I have not felt good now for about 3-4 weeks and do not know what I am doing wrong. I have switched all my products...shampoos, etc. to gluten free to the best of my knowledge. I only eat things on the gluten free list I have, and even some of those I don't eat because they make me sick. Is it normal to feel this way while still being so strict on the diet? I couldn't get 2 feet from the toilet for about 12 hours yesterday. :o I have lost about 10 pounds in the last few months...don't know if that is because I don't dare eat or cause I don't digest. Went to the GI a few days ago, not too helpful, though I found out my iron level is about 50% what it should be. He wants to give me a blood transfusion in a few weeks if it doesn't come up. What do you think about transfusions?

What can I expect with this diet, disease? Could I have more allergies? Do you think I should keep doing what I am doing? Will I feel better soon? Is this normal? Would love to feel better again. Thanks for any replies.

Have you tried eliminating dairy or soy. I was like you I felt great for awhile and then not so good and back on the Immodium again. But I have been better since eliminating dairy. I tried some cheese again last night for the first time in about a month and I was back on the toilet for this morning.

Yes, I have eliminated dairy, but I haven't eliminated soy yet. Can eating dairy/soy make you have headaches, body aches, etc?

You could have sensitivities or allergies to dairy and soy and they can also cause those.You may be getting glutened and not know from where. I have been glutened yesterday and I don't even know how. I do know because of the reaction and the DH that I was glutened. I have not ate anything with wheat or gluten. So, you may be getting glutened by accident or the dairy and/or soy thing.

You could have sensitivities or allergies to dairy and soy and they can also cause those.You may be getting glutened and not know from where. I have been glutened yesterday and I don't even know how. I do know because of the reaction and the DH that I was glutened. I have not ate anything with wheat or gluten. So, you may be getting glutened by accident or the dairy and/or soy thing.

Yes, I could be getting glutened, as my family still eats lots of wheat. I will have to try eliminating soy and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • April 24, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com