This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Meal Replacement

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Well I finally found a protein/shake that helps me gain weight, oddly enough it is formulated for celiac. I got it on a whim being really iffy since it contains soy letchin, but I had not adverse reactions to it. I have found mixing it in a shaker with a cup of coconut yogurt and almond milk and drinking it between meals has stopped the odd constant hunger and actually led to me to gain weight for the first time in years. It has a very nice balance and the company promises they test all products to below 10ppm. Seems the company has a bunch of other products dedicated to the celiac community. My only complaint is that they are way over priced, but alas they seem to work well from what I have tested.

I normally use MRM Meal replacement, MRM Veggie Elite, Nutra Key V-Pro, Jarrow rice, optimal, and hemp proteins. But this one between meals and even adding a spoon to meals seems to work wonderfully. Anyone else want to take a look and give it a try, wondering if this is just me of if this might be that perfect balanced one I have been needing. Seems to have nice blend of enzymes, vitamins, minerals, light carbs, and protein.

https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-166491-pioneer-celiac-support-comprehensive-clear-meal-rice-protein-shake-natural-vanilla-flavor-17-78-oz

• 5 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angeles99 Rookie

Thanks for this, I just posted in search for gluten-free meal replacement while I'm travelling. Are these sorts of shakes nutritious enough to replace whole meals?

Ennis-TX Grand Master

These are more of emergency meal replacements, to get you buy if you have to miss a meal. They might work for one meal of the day but not all 3-4 meals, calorie wise they are not enough. I might suggest eating nuts and seeds in addition to them and blending them with almond milk etc. Perhaps use a double scoop. I use the MRM and and a bag of mixed almonds and seed along with some raw veggies when I head out on a road trip. The pioneer I have yet to give a try as a full on meal replacement. I been just adding a few tsp of it to my daily smoothies or icecream to help put on weight as it as a whole lot of other nutrients that would normally require a large and varied meal.

Garden of life makes a RAW meal that is gluten-free, but I find it to be loaded with stuff I can not eat. They literally use a bunch of extracts of and round ground dried foods to make a balanced meal replacement.  Stuff is really odd to eat as how thick it gets and gel like....I made the mistake of trying it once with hot coffee.......imagine space age prison food from a nozzle.......yeah about like that tasted good just very odd texture.

angeles99 Rookie

Thanks, I don't mind space age prison food as long as its gluten free and has enough nutrients :lol::lol: I don't think there is a suitable full meal replacement option as of yet for celiacs. I'll be looking into MRM & Pioneer though, thanks. Guess I will be doing as you said and sticking to lots of fresh veg, nuts & seeds etc. Its going to be hard to find time to cook while I am away for work but I'll make do.

• 9 months later...
Mike K. Newbie

I recommend that you stay away from Raw Meal - it left me in fetal position for days.  If you are an underweight celiac there is a likelihood that your gut isn't healed.  Either you need more time being gluten-free,  you're not as gluten-free as you need to be or you have things beyond gluten that you keep being exposed to.  For me bone broth was magic.  Fruits,  veggies and meat are hard to go wrong with.

Ennis-TX Grand Master
10 hours ago, Mike K. said:

I recommend that you stay away from Raw Meal - it left me in fetal position for days.  If you are an underweight celiac there is a likelihood that your gut isn't healed.  Either you need more time being gluten-free,  you're not as gluten-free as you need to be or you have things beyond gluten that you keep being exposed to.  For me bone broth was magic.  Fruits,  veggies and meat are hard to go wrong with.

I have not touched the RAW meal in years, I only mentioned here cause I had tried it previously. I would not drink it now days.  I still would recommend Pioneer Celiac Meal Replacement, MRM Veggie meal replacement and I found this one from drinksmoothielife that works alright. I use the drink smoothie life and the Pioneer one sometimes as a additive to my evening smoothies/porridge. >.< my digestive tract is pickey in the evenings and only likes blended dinners, more to do with my acids and enzymes around the end of the day then anything else.

Archived