Scott Adams

What Factors Influence Gluten-free Diet Adherence in Young Adult Men with Celiac Disease?

Rate this topic

teen_boys--cc--katieg93.jpg

Previous studies have shown us that men are generally less troubled living with celiac disease than are women, but most studies of men with celiac disease have been mostly quantitative, and have a bio-medical emphasis. A team of researchers recently set out to explore the social experience of young men with screening-detected celiac disease and to highlight daily life situations five years after diagnosis.  Self-assurance, authority, and confidence are key factors to a successful gluten-free diet for young adult men.

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Forum Discussions

I've spent a lot of time looking up to see if I can find a post about a similar situation but haven't had luck finding it. I've never been 100% gluten free. As of this past Spring, I consumed gluten regularly (maybe a few times per week?...
    Genetic testing will just lump your son  into the possibility of developing celiac disease, along with almost a 1/3 of the population!  That is a lot of people!  Even if he has the genes, what will you do?   I understand your position.  My...
    Looking at the technical/FDA information for BioPlex, it looks a little different from some other tests.  One test looks for IgA for both TTG and DGP, along with IgA deficiency, and the other looks for IgG for both TTG and DGP.  So it looks li...