Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I'm looking for a good gluten-free soy sauce. I have tried Kikkoman's gluten-free, but it was so salty I could barely eat what I put it on and I had to throw out the whole container. I've heard of some other gluten free soy sauces, but I was looking for suggestions, so I didn't spend a ton of money trying them all. 

Hi Jesicaaaa,

I use Coconut Secret coconut aminos myself.   It has no soy which is why I use it.   I don't know how it compares to Kikkomans.  San-J is another brand of gluten free soy sauce though.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by GFinDC

33 minutes ago, Jessicaaa said:

I'm looking for a good gluten-free soy sauce. I have tried Kikkoman's gluten-free, but it was so salty I could barely eat what I put it on and I had to throw out the whole container. I've heard of some other gluten free soy sauces, but I was looking for suggestions, so I didn't spend a ton of money trying them all. 

I like he San J light gluten-free soy sauce. Braggs aminos works well too, sometimes mixed with water.

I also use coconut secret coconut Aminos, they have a garlic version that has even less sodium in it 60mg to a tsp, company also make a teriyaki version. -_- I find must sauces to be way to salty and have to water them down. Something about my palate and salt just do not agree.