Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ennis_TX

Biopsy and Colonocopy Results

Rate this topic

Doctors called me this morning with biopsy and complete results on my colonoscopy. Seems like in addition to celiac and acid reflux, I now have confirmation on record of Ulcerative Colitis AND IBS. Good news is the biopsies came back negative for cancer, bacteria, etc. Doctors even got me on a prescription that is for the the colitis I need to go pick up this after noon.

But half joking and half serious here.......is there such a thing as a digestive tract transplant? lol Like mine at 27 is as screwed up with ulcers, damaged vili, etc. that it makes my grandmas look good and she is in her 80s. Would not fix the celiac but damn would make life easier with a nice base set of undamaged organs to work with and none of this lower stuff.

The logistics on a complete GI tract transplant would be crazy!  :o

When my kids were in High School, they did FIRST Robotics.  We used to joke that instead of throwing balls and lifting things, they should make robotic GI systems!  :D

But, if you can get some of these other issues under control, it might allow you to expand the range of food that you eat

Edited by kareng

I know right but we can dream, imagine a artificial one even. While we still might suffer the other autoimmune responses at least the gut issues would be gone ^.^ . Still would avoid gluten as I have issues with nerve and brain also being attacked but I can think of it as such much less of a burden with less limitation with a artificial gut. Hell might even design one that filters out gluten proteins.

Hi EnnisTX,

I saw an article about cigarette smoking being helpful for people with ulcerative colitis not long ago.  Supposedly helps people get into remission or something.  I am not sure if it is worth considering or if the nicotine patches might do the same thing?  Here's a forum post of UC peeps talking about it and vaping.  Lots of things to consider before doing it I think.

http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=2123672

Edited by GFinDC

There is a procedure called fecal transplant, that is considered highly effective for most of your conditions.  Unfortunatly, it is not approved for use in the US for any problem except for C. Difficile.  There are places is Argentina and Brazil that do it, and they are very modern and oriented to foreigners like us.

Wow, so I just googled fecal transplant, and it sounds like there is a website called the power of poop that gives you at home, diy instructions on the procedure. Wow, just wow.