This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Food Emporium

mookie03

mookie03 Contributor

Just had an experience i wanted to share...

Though i usually shop at an organic store that has more gluten-free products, i go to food emporium once or twice a week b/c i love their fruit. I find i cant buy much else there but fruit, milk, etc. Last night I went to buy those things and they put a flyer in my bag. I got home and was about to throw it out when i realized it said on the cover "Recipes inside! Bob's Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie" I was shocked (and very excited) to see something like that in a major supermarket's ad!

Anyway, the recipe is quite long, but if anyone wants I can post it, let me know!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator

i'll take it. i flippin' love pot pie! :)

mookie03 Contributor
i'll take it. i flippin' love pot pie! :)

Ok here it is- let me know how it tastes!!!

CRUST DRY INGREDIENTS: 1 3/4 c gluten free Bob's Red Mill all purpose baking flour, 1 1/2 tsp Bob's Red Mill xantham gum, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp dried thyme

CRUST WET INGREDIENTS: 1/4 c butter (room temp), 1/2 c milk, 1 large egg, 1/2 tsp cider vinegar

FILLING: 1 lb skinless cooked chicken, cubed, 1/4 c corn, 1 small chopped onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp cooking oil, 3 tbsp water, 1/2 tsp celery salt, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 c green peas, 1 c chopped carrots, 2 chopped celery stalks, 2 1/2 c gluten free chicken broth, 2 tbsp tapioca flour, 1/2 c fresh sliced mushroom, 1/2 c dry white wine

TO MAKE CRUST: Prepare Chicken filling. Heat to serving temp and place in greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared filling. Bake 25-35 mins or until the filling is bubbling and topping is nicely browned. Serve immediately.

TO MAKE FILLING: Combine cubed chicken, peas and corn and set aside. Place carrots, onion, celery and garlic in skillet and cook in cooking oil until onion is transparent. Add cubed chicken, peas, corn and chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/3, about 5 mins. In a small saucepan, mix tapioca flour with 3 tbsps of water until paste forms. Add all remaining ingredients to large skillet, then stir tapioca paste into skillet slowly. Simmer until thickened.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Not too long ago I had made the "filling" of a pot pie. It was good, the crust recipe here would be excellent with it!!

Jennie-O Turkey makes those turkey roasts that are gluten free. I cubed that up and mixed it with a package of mixed veggies and the gravy out of the pan of turkey roast. It was SOOO good and reminded me of those tasty cheap pot pies I used to LOVE pre-gluten free days! MMmmm

Now I am just going to have to make an attempt with this crust recipe.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Archived