Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
John Fritz

When I go to the bathroom it burns

Rate this topic

I got norovirus two months ago and became very sick an constipated but around that time the doctor had me doing the brat diet which left me feeling very sick as well. I also learned that dairy was making me feel sick to as everytime I was feeling better I'd eat something with dairy and get sick again. but anyways everytime I go to the bathroom it hurts. It's soft, firm and yellow. It's a burning sensation that is very uncomfortable. Oh also I was on PPIs two weeks ago (I think two weeks) when I didn't need them. Could they cause this. also I haven't been gluten free long but can corn and soy also bother people who have this? 

Edited by John Fritz

H John,

Welcome to the forum! :)

Have you been tested for celiac disease?  If not you may want to get that test setup right away.  you have to be eating gluten for the celiac testing to be valid.  In fact, if you are going to get tested, you should start eating gluten again right away.

Many foods can cause symptoms when you have celiac disease damage.  Think of a scraped knee.  It hurts no matter you rub in the sore.