Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):



Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):


  • You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

    💬

    • Sign In
    • Sign Up
0
Theri

Feeling drugged on glutten challenge

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Day 2 of gluten challenge. I feel drugged up and can barely stay awake. Is this common? Also has anyone else done a two week challenge before endoscopy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


Last challenge I tried I said NO after the initial hit a few years back. YES it is very common to feel drugged on a gluten challenge for celiacs or people with NCGI. Your body is fighting the gluten with antibodies hardcore in the BG if your a celiac. Just like how it fights a disease or virus, flu like fatigue, and drugged state of completely out of it are common.

 


Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

Last challenge I tried I said NO after the initial hit a few years back. YES it is very common to feel drugged on a gluten challenge for celiacs or people with NCGI. Your body is fighting the gluten with antibodies hardcore in the BG if your a celiac. Just like how it fights a disease or virus, flu like fatigue, and drugged state of completely out of it are common.

 

Thankyou Ennis_TX. I think I am going to stop. I take care of an elderly woman. I can't work like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post thought here, how much gluten were you eating for your challenge? You do know only have to eat like 1-2 crackers like a saltine, wheat thin, or ritz a day or a half slice of bread. If it is just the drugged feeling you might try it at night before going to bed and sleep it off. This was still too much for me years ago and now days would lay me out puking for hours.


Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Post thought here, how much gluten were you eating for your challenge? You do know only have to eat like 1-2 crackers like a saltine, wheat thin, or ritz a day or a half slice of bread. If it is just the drugged feeling you might try it at night before going to bed and sleep it off. This was still too much for me years ago and now days would lay me out puking for hours.

He told me to start half carbs gluten a few days and then move up to all. The challenge is for 2 weeks. I was at half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironictruth said:

Could be the gluten. Could also be the excess carbs and sugar. Which, if you are anything like me, you certainly have added a few things you have been missing. Try some protein when you intake gluten. 

Thankyou ironictruth. I didn't add carbs. I always have protein with carbs to balance sugar level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Theri said:

He told me to start half carbs gluten a few days and then move up to all. The challenge is for 2 weeks. I was at half. 

The frack?! Wait someone told you to replace half your  consumed carbs with gluten????? OK is this just for a scope or is this some odd diet to try and see how your react? Are you a celiac/NCGI individual, and how long have you been on a gluten-free diet?

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/how-much-gluten-should-be-consumed-prior-to-being-screened-for-celiac-disease/

 


Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

The frack?! Wait someone told you to replace half your  consumed carbs with gluten????? OK is this just for a scope or is this some odd diet to try and see how your react? Are you a celiac/NCGI individual, and how long have you been on a gluten-free diet?

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/how-much-gluten-should-be-consumed-prior-to-being-screened-for-celiac-disease/

 

Tested positive foe ttg iga test. Doctor didn't tell me to not go gluten free. The withdrawals were terrible and didn't want to go back on it. It is the gastro specialist. Had been gluten free for 2 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0