Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
2 2
Ennis_TX

Recovery and Food ReIntroduction

Rate this topic

Figured I would start a positive post. List foods you had to initially cut that after a while of healing you could reintroduce.

Me

These Foods made me sick and I had a intolerance to now I still limit them but no longer have to worry about seeing them on a label.

Red #40, Beets, Peas, Green Beans, Flax Seed, Tapioca, Soy, Casein, Strawberry, Sucralose/Spenda, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Garlic, Paprika/Bell Pepper, Okra,  and thank god only for about a few months I had a issue with chocolate.  STILL have a whole list of no nos but these are no longer things I have to worry about laying me over a toilet for hours to turning me into Mr Hyde.

YAY for chocolate!  I would be crushed to lose chocolate!!  I am only here for my daughter and we are too new to the game to add anything yet but I am worried that once we get her sorted I will be too nervous to re-introduce any previous foods!

For me rice became a problem for a couple years.  Grapes were a problem also.  Neither of them are a big problem now.

I couldn't have any dairy for a couple of years while starting the gluten-free life. Reintroduced slowly and they seem to be no problem now :D