Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
Nikkiann

Easy Start in helping Malabsorption

Rate this topic

Hello! Not sure if this has been posted before, as I did not see it. But as you all know a lot of us have problems with getting enough nutrients and even those like me that don't, its also just as important. 

*Tangent* I think as a society, not just America but in the UK as I noticed while living there and I am sure other territories as well, we seem to ignore one of the biggest vitamins of all - WATER. 55-65% of our body is made up of this crazy vitamin. Not only does it help in our most crucial bodily functions, but it also aids in the building of our cells. Specifically those with celiacs, it is vital in the aiding of fixing the problems we have with not getting enough nutrients. After removing gluten from our diets, our bodies need to work SO hard to get itself back to as normal composition as possible. Water helps build our cells back up, carries nutrients, brings oxygen to our brains, and so so much more. I just want everyone to keep this in mind whilst continuing their journey through this confusing disease. 

Please please, I urge you to drink your 64 oz of water a day!

Has water been classified as a vitamin?  Did I miss that memo?  ;)

As far as the correct amount to drink everyday to accommodate different body sizes, I was told it's half your body weight in ounces.  Not everyone needs to drink 8 glasses per day. You also have to count that you get a certain amount from food, especially fruit.  The easiest way to see if you need more water is to take a peek at your urine color.  If it's a pale straw color, then you are good to go.  Darker color=more concentration and possible dehydration. For someone my size to try and ingest 8 glasses per day is almost torture. However, I do notice that when I visit the Western States, which are much, much drier than where I live, I can easily drink 8 glasses per day and am not in the bathroom constantly. There are so many different variables that come into play when trying to figure out correct amounts of water to drink.

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Has water been classified as a vitamin?  Did I miss that memo?  ;)

As far as the correct amount to drink everyday to accommodate different body sizes, I was told it's half your body weight in ounces.  Not everyone needs to drink 8 glasses per day. You also have to count that you get a certain amount from food, especially fruit.  The easiest way to see if you need more water is to take a peek at your urine color.  If it's a pale straw color, then you are good to go.  Darker color=more concentration and possible dehydration. For someone my size to try and ingest 8 glasses per day is almost torture. However, I do notice that when I visit the Western States, which are much, much drier than where I live, I can easily drink 8 glasses per day and am not in the bathroom constantly. There are so many different variables that come into play when trying to figure out correct amounts of water to drink.

It was a joke ;):) 

Also, the point was to make sure you're drinking enough water, thats all!

2 hours ago, Nikkiann said:

It was a joke ;):) 

Also, the point was to make sure you're drinking enough water, thats all!

That's what I thought you meant because it did make me laugh.  :)  Now, if red wine could only be made to hydrate the body, life would be perfect!  :P

• Upvote 1