Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
3 3
Fbmb

Probiotics / Vitamins

Rate this topic

Does anyone feel like sharing which probiotics and multivitamins they take? I know it can be hard to find some that are REALLY GENUINELY gluten free. I have been taking a probiotic that I found at Sprouts and it says it's gluten free. My aunt has Celiac and takes the renew life 50 billion. Mine is 30 billion. I don't know if that's enough? Should I be taking a stronger one? I'm 5 months on the diet and don't know how screwy my gut flora was when I was diagnosed so I don't know exactly what I need. I'm not unhappy with mine. Just thought I'd pick your brains :) 

My pharmacist said he had a pharmacy professor who swore by Renew Life probiotics so I thought about switching to them, just to try something different. Or maybe some of you have a brand that you love and I could look into that too.

I've been taking the VitaFusion women's gummy vitamins and they say they're gluten free. My toddler takes the Little Critters gummies (he has Celiac also). I haven't noticed any issues with either of them specifically, but wondered if you have experience with them and trust them. I assume that they're safe, as I did some research before I took them and they looked safe. Thoughts?

Thanks for supporting me!

Hi :) 

I take a big B vitamin which I get from Costco. Don't have the pack to hand but I think its their own brand one. Its gluten-free. I also take omega 3 fish oil and currently Vit d and calcium. I sometimes take Pharmaton which is a multivitamin, may not be available where you are. My probiotics are holland and barrett, uk brand so probably no use to you :(

Hi fbmb!

I take Florajen 3 for my probiotic and I do feel like it really helps.  I contacted the company and they do test to 5 ppm.  I've never had any issues with it and I do feel better when I take it.

I don't take a multivitamin, just a D since that was my deficiency.

I take Jarrow Probiotics and eat coconut yogurt daily. For vitamins I use Liquid health, they have them in liquid form you just measure into a glass of tea or juice and drink it.....BIG deal for me since I already take 4-9pills with each meal.