This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

News: Celiac.com: Developing Allergen-Free/Free-from Foods

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Gluten-free appears to be the leading claim in this category. Celiac disease affects only 1 percent of the population, but the Celiac Disease Foundation ...

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Patricia Devine
    Newest Member
    Patricia Devine
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Tanner L
      Constantly! I don't want everything to cost as much as a KIND bar, as great as they are.  Happy most of the info is available to us to make smart decisions for our health, just need to do a little more research. 
    • ekelsay
      Today, I received the results of my Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Ab, IgA test. I am not sure how to interpret the results. I have left a message for the doctor that requested the test but have not heard back. The results stated that the normal range is from 0.00 - 4.99 FLU. My results came back at 92.08. Is this concerning? This seems extremely high for someone who has reached the age of 50 before finding out he has celiac disease.  The reason that I was administered the test in the first place is due to bloating issues that started about a year ago. I met with a Gastroenterologist and after a short question and answer session she wanted to test me for celiac disease and a bacteria test via the H. Pylori Breath Test. She seemed more concerned with the fact that I am a healthy male suffering from Anemia. Is it possible the anemia could be a result of celiac disease? I have been on an iron supplement for the better part of 5 years.      
    • Scott Adams
      Be sure to keep eating gluten daily until all testing is completed.  Here is more info about how to do a gluten challenge for a celiac disease blood panel, or for an endoscopy: and this recent study recommends 4-6 slices of wheat bread per day:    
    • Scott Adams
      You can always to the gluten challenge later, after your pregnancy, should you need a formal diagnosis. I think it's best to play it safe in this case.
    • Jesmar
      Very true. I also suffered from candidiasis which had affected my intestines and toes. I think this might have triggered my gluten intolerance/celiac.