Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

can anyone tell me a of a good gluten free bread crumb. I have tried 4c and it is too gummy

You can make your own.  I make mine in  my food processor or blender, with bread that has been in the freezer a while.  Another way to make it less gummy would be to toast the crumbs in the oven to dry them out a bit.

I use chips, beanito bean chips a bit like a tortilla chip, but gluten, corn, soy free. Going to be honest using flavored corn like chips for breading is awesome.   Ians foods makes gluten-free panko for breading, another option is to buy a gluten-free bread toast it really well or slowly bake it in hte oven til it dries out.     Just Pulse these in a food processor til desired thickness

List of gluten-free food options https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/

I tried Schar brand and they worked well for me (I mixed them with chopped pistachios to make Pistachio encrusted salmon).  I've only tried one brand though, so I don't have much to compared them to but I would definitely buy them again

I was just reminded by a friend tat she uses Rice Chex on chicken and they come out nice and crunchy