Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

I've never had any problems drinking DD iced coffee from the stores, but this morning I decided to try the bottled mocha iced coffee that recently came out. The ingredients list doesn't have anything that looks like it could have gluten in it to me, but as soon as I drank it I began to get a headache and my stomach began to hurt. At first I dismissed it as being only the high sugar content, but by the time I got to work all of my joints were inflamed, I feel like I could pass out, and I'm almost positive within half an hour I'm going to be throwing up. Has anyone else had any issues with these products? I sent an email to DD asking them about possible other ingredients in the drinks, but that was just an hour ago.

INGREDIENTS

Skim milk, sugar, coffee (water, coffee), cream, cocoa (made with alkali), potassium phosphate, pectin.

I don't see any gluten in that.  It wouldn't be made in the same place as the donuts, so should be safer than from a donut store.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kareng said:

I don't see any gluten in that.  It wouldn't be made in the same place as the donuts, so should be safer than from a donut store.

That's what I thought but that's all I've consumed in the past 8-10 hours and my symptoms started as soon as I ingested it.