Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
2 2
Daniellelucy

Is this DH

Rate this topic

Welcome to the board.  Does she have any symptoms other than the rash?  Has she had any celiac testing done? That should be your first step. Make sure that she doesn't go gluten free until testing is complete.

3 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

Welcome to the board.  Does she have any symptoms other than the rash?  Has she had any celiac testing done? That should be your first step. Make sure that she doesn't go gluten free until testing is complete.

She was tested a few years ago but has been on oral steroids a lot so test came back negative but my grandfather is a celiac

• Upvote 1

I had patches like that on the back of my neck. Doc gave me a steroid cream and told me it was eczema and sent me on my way. The cream worked and now I only get small patches here and there. I've been diagnosed Celiac for 10 yrs and that happened after 2 years gluten free.

She now has little itchy water spots all over ther hands and feet, she does suffer from chronic eczema was just wondering about the new rash, I will ask her dermatologist to re test as she will be starting methotrexate next well so will need regular bloods

• Upvote 1

I hope they can find out what it is. Mine crusted over once I started using the cream (mometasone furoate) and eventually flaked away. I get oozing from my small patches, too. Let me know what you find out. Good luck.

On 4/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, Hellodee2 said:

I had patches like that on the back of my neck. Doc gave me a steroid cream and told me it was eczema and sent me on my way. The cream worked and now I only get small patches here and there. I've been diagnosed Celiac for 10 yrs and that happened after 2 years gluten free.

My son had severe eczema from dairy sensitivity. Might want to look into other possible food sensitivity.